Our Adult Day Center is a safe and happy place where the elderly and people with disabilities come each day for quality care and friendship, socializing, and fun. Our Adult Day Center allows caregivers and family members to continue working and enjoy a much-needed break. Above all else, the staff and volunteers at the Adult Day Center give love, show respect, and honor the dignity of those in their care.
The Friends for Life Adult Day Center located at 5000 Lakewood in Waco, Texas, in the Meyer Family Intergenerational Center. The center is open from 7:30 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
What services does the Adult Day Center provide?
- Fun, life enrichment activities and exercises programs led by our certified Activity Director
- Arts & crafts projects
- Sing-a-longs, exercise, dance-a-longs
- Birthdays with cake and ice cream, Bingo, domino tournaments
- Music entertainment, movies, and popcorn
- Of course, there is always some quiet time to watch the aquarium fish, watch TV or sit and visit or rest.
- Special events and holiday parties
- Guest visits from local Waco community (i.e. Fire Department, Cameron Park Zoo, Bands, & many more)
- Many other creative, engaging activities
- Licensed Vocational Nurses who administer daily care and medication
- Personal care and assistance by our Certified Nursing Assistants
- Blood pressure and weight monitoring
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks planned by a Registered Dietitian
- Transportation to and from the center (restrictions apply)
- Quiet, comfortable areas with recliners and TVs for relaxing
“As a mother of a child with disabilities, Friends for Life has changed my life. Because their superior care, I can continue working knowing that Jenna is not only safe but having fun with her friends during the day. I’ve tried other facilities, and believe me, there is nothing like Friends for Life.” – Pamela Thomason
Some of the favorite times spent on field trips to local attractions.
They’ve had fun bowling, going to the movies at the Hippodrome, visiting the zoo, and fair.
They even took charge of the planning and work involved to have a car wash to pay for their expenses.
A caregiver MUST be available to be reached by phone at all times while their client is with Friends for Life Adult Day Center, and they must be able to pick the client up if deemed necessary by the Director and Facility Nurse. Someone else must be delegated with the number provided if the caregiver is not able to be reached.