Friends for Life is a 501(c)(3) charity that was founded in Waco, Texas, in September of 1989 to improve the quality of life for seniors and people with disabilities, particularly those who are without family to care for them.
Friends for Life helps the elderly and people with disabilities live independently as long as possible, protects and cares for those who are unable to care for themselves, and brings generations together to enrich lives.
- Never say anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
- Make only commitments we intend to keep.
- Work in a manner where we are always “above reproach.”
- Uphold the health and reputation of Friends for Life.
- Communicate honestly and with purpose.
- Avoid negative conversations with colleagues.
- Understand before being understood.
- Work toward a win-win solution.
- Be a problem solver not a problem finder.
- Recognize the positive contribution of others.
- Treat others as we want to be treated.
- Value each person as a unique individual.
- Empower others to reach their full potential.
- Listen with the heart.
- Choose kindness.
Founding Friends for Life - Inez's Story
Adult Day Care
The ADC is a safe and happy place for seniors and persons with disabilities to come each day to enjoy nutritious meals, snacks, and lots of fun activities provided by the trained RN and CNA staff.